Inheritance Tax Planning
Avoid paying tax again on wealth you've accumulated and been taxed on already!
Inheritance Tax is a tax on the estate (the property, money and possessions) of someone who’s died.
There’s normally no Inheritance Tax to pay if either:
- the value of your estate is below the current £325,000 threshold
- you leave everything to your spouse or civil partner, a charity or a community amateur sports club
Tailored wealth succession planning enables a smooth transition to the next generation as well as minimising tax liabilities.
We can advise clients with:
- Individuals whose estate planning is close to the nil rate band or many times larger
- Techniques to mitigate inheritance tax on family homes, family businesses and investment portfolios
- On both lifetime transfers and wills.
However, estate planning is not solely about tax and we adopt a common sense approach, helping you to ensure your own financial needs are met and to avoid “giving away too much too soon”.