Worried about a VAT Inspection?
Our experience working with HMRC can quickly identify and remedy any weaknesses in your accounting controls and systems. Our VAT health check service will also investigate any transactions which have not been fully accounted for and identify any further ways of reducing your business’s overall VAT liability.
A VAT Health Check can:
- Review and sample check your accounting records for errors
- Sample test the most common errors that the VAT inspectors look for
- Statistically analyse your completed VAT returns
- Sample check the completion of VAT returns
- Compare your VAT returns against your annual accounts
- Check the VAT treatment of your sales
- Consider whether you are making the best use of relevant VAT schemes
- Ensure you are correctly applying the rules of VAT schemes
- Identify VAT planning opportunities.
A proactive approach to VAT planning
Once we have assessed your current position our specialists will create a plan which will address any of the issues which have come to light with your procedures and processes as well as everyone is aware of the VAT implications of your trading, expenditure and capital acquisition activities.