Need advice on whether to register for VAT?
You must register for VAT with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if your business’ VAT taxable turnover is more than £85,000.
For VAT registration we can assist with:
- Advising if you need to or if it would be beneficial to register;
- Completion of the VAT registration forms and formalities;
- Advising on the best VAT schemes to use suitable to your business – some you have to notify HMRC you are using and some you don’t.
In addition, we can assist with:
- Completion of VAT Returns or training on how to complete them
- VAT planning
- Dealing with any contentious disputes that arise with Customs
- Attendance at VAT inspections.
When you register, you’ll be sent a VAT registration certificate. This confirms:
- your VAT number
- when to submit your first VAT Return and payment
- your ‘effective date of registration’ – this is the date you went over the threshold or the date you asked to register if it was voluntary